2014-15 - School Behavior Policy
- Obey and show respect to school property and all school personal, students and parents.
- Use appropriate language with others. Threats of any kind will be taken seriously and promptly investigated.
- Gum,sodas,candy,chips,toys and personal property are not permitted at school.
- Walk at all times while on the grounds
- keep backpacks, feet and hands to yourself.
- Toy Guns and are not permitted at school and are probable cause for suspension.
- Remain on school grounds during school hours and bring a note from a parent to obtain permission to leave youth services program after school.
- No fighting or "Play fighting" on school grounds.
- Walk Bicycles to and from compound. Bicycles must have a lock. A helmet must be worn. A signed " Bicycle Safety Agreement" must be on file in the office. Bicycle and skateboard use is not permitted on school grounds.
- Dorris place attendance area students are to enter through the Dorris Place gate or Altman St. Gate.
- Please do not use the front door of main building or teachers' parking lot gate.
- Front door to be used by children only when accompanied by an adult (Before and after school)
- Enter grounds after 7:30 a.m. only if you are having breakfast
- Enter the ground after 7:50 a.m. if you are not having breakfast.
- Children are to sit/stand before school as games are not scheduled before school.
- On rainy days after 7:45am go directly to class after breakfast in the auditorium.
- Grades k-6 go directly to the line after the 7:55 a.m. bell.
- School Readiness Language Development (SRDLP) classes go directly to the SRDLP line- up areas at 7:50 a.m.
- Once seated, stay seated. Raise your hand for permission (from aide) to leave your seat.
- Food/snacks are not to be shared. Snacks are are to be eaten in the lunch area only.
- Food/snacks are not to be removed from the lunch area
- Water/juice bottles are not to be removed from the lunch area
- Litter is to be disposed of properly.
- A uniform look is preferred: white from the waist up (shirt,Blouse);dark blue from the waist down (pants, skirt, etc.)
- Caps/visors/hairnets/bandanas are not to be worn inside classrooms.
- Safe and appropriate clothing/shoes with socks are to worn.
- Items not to be worn are:pants larger than 1 size above the student's waist or inseam size; pants which touch the ground, are frayed, split up the sides; belt buckles with letters or numbers; oversized T-shirts/sweatshirts/undershirts;shirts or sweatshirts which advertise tobacco,drugs,alcohol,sex,vulgar language, gangs, graffiti; hats (worn inside the classrooms); midriff or backless tops;short skirts;and shorts shorter than mid-thigh length.
- Accessories not to be worn are; Dark Glasses (non-perscription); large rings; earrings that hang below the bottom of the ear lobe (hoops, dangling earrings); hanging belts/chains, Bracelets, lip gloss, make-up, and nail polish.